REIQ Property Management and Property Market Update.
With a six month deadline attached to the moratorium on evictions, set to expire on 29 September 2020, late last week the State Government announced that Queensland will be transitioning back towards normal residential tenancy arrangements.
Those protections that will cease to apply after 29 September 2020 include:
- Fixed term agreement extensions for COVID-19 impacted tenants;
- Ending agreement provisions that prevent property owners ending tenancies with COVID-19 impacted tenants without grounds and provide additional grounds for parties to end tenancies (owner occupation and sale of premises which require vacant possession);
- Adjusted rent and bond processes that support parties to negotiate arrangements to manage COVID-19 impacts on their tenancies; and,
- Mandatory conciliation of COVID-19 related tenancy disputes through the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA).
Several critical protections will remain in place to protect tenants as households continue to recover from the global economic impacts of the virus.These include:
- Protections for tenants from being listed in a tenancy database for unpaid rent caused by COVID-19 impacts;
- Tenants experiencing domestic violence being able to end their interest in a tenancy agreement quickly;
- Limited reletting costs for tenants in extreme financial hardship who end their fixed lease early;
- Entry restrictions and requirements that support social distancing requirements; and,
- Relaxed repair and maintenance obligations that recognise impacts on lessors while maintaining tenant safety in the rental property.
The full details can be seen at – https://www.reiq.com/articles/eviction-freeze
Looking for a Reputable and Professional Property Manager on the Gold Coast?
Remembering experienced property managers can save you the landlord time, money and headaches.
If you are looking for experienced property managers with your best interests at heart. You won’t find a team that is more respected, reliable and trusted in residential property management. Paul Hill Realty office is located on Hope Island and we manage residential properties anywhere on the Northern end of the Gold Coast. Paul Hill Realty Hope Island is your best choice in property management.